About Senoma GroupSenoma Group's founders launched the firm after concluding that shifts in technology company funding and the post-2008 disruptions in the broader capital markets presented a unique opportunity for technology investing.
Based on their experiences in private equity, corporate development and product commercialization for technology companies, Senoma Group's managing directors joined together in 2010.
The firm's vision is augmented by long term professional and personal relationships and complementary skill sets. Additionally, the team's personal and professional international experience in North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America adds a truly global perspective to Senoma Group's strategic views.
By partnering with leading entrepreneurs and applying best practices of seed, VC and PE investing, Senoma Group is focused on building market leading technology companies.
Investment ApproachSenoma Group uses the following filters to guide investment decisions:
- Technology companies with proven products and customers
- Established revenue models with breakeven to positive cash-flow
- Companies poised for growth but in need of capital, additional expertise, or both to deliver on their growth plans
- Company revenues in the $1M to $100M range
Our level of involvement with portfolio companies varies, depending on company and investment management requirements, ranging from an advisory role to C-level leadership. In every case, our extensive network and expertise in a variety of technology industry segments is a key element of the value we bring to our investments.
Investment StrategySenoma Group's investment strategy is built on three fundamental principles:
Identifying the right Partners Enabling Success Expanding the Opportunity
- Our expertise qualifies us to differentiate between the pioneers and the pretenders
- We take a selective and performance oriented approach to partner selection
- We view investment criteria as essential guidelines, but also rely on technical sophistication and business savvy to make our investment decisions
- We provide capital at a business-appropriate level, and avoid "throwing money at the opportunity", which often leads to mismanagement and unrealistic valuations
- We engage on a meaningful level strategically, technically, and operationally, according to the needs of the business
- We broaden company opportunities by bringing our backgrounds, expertise and networks to bear on the business
- As appropriate, we collaborate with complementary technology, channel, and capital-provider partners to enhance products, solutions and market opportunities
Identifying the right Partners Enabling Success Expanding the Opportunity Strategic Corporate Development
- Leading provider of mobile device software solutions
- Identify strategic investment and acquisition opportunities in complimentary technology companies
- Target potential financial partners interested in co-investments
Cloud-integrated Vehicle Infotainment
- Tier-one automotive electronics supplier
- Secured development funding from existing investors
- Developed technology strategy for next-generation, in-vehicle infotainment system
- Lead development of new product line and assisted management team in creating a subsequent pipeline
- Advisory role with management team for product development, US operations, and exit strategies
SmartGrid Distribution Sensors
- PE investment firm in the post-investment phase
- Served as acting CEO providing business leadership while developing an operating & strategic plan and recruiting a new management team
- Transitioned to sourcing and co-investment partnership with PE firm
Manuel Jaime Oliver Michaelis Ben Siebach
Contact InformationSenoma Group is headquartered in San Diego, CA and has offices in Dallas, TX.
Senoma Group, LLC
4445 Eastgate Mall
San Diego, CA 92121